Our Chapter Meeting is Saturday, October 27th at the YETI Flagship store in Austin, TX
A Focus on Native Trout
For this meeting our featured guests are going to bring a focus to native trout in the American West. Come out and learn where and how to fish for incredible native trout species and what you can do to help protect these fish and the habitat that surrounds them. The program will feature:
- “Unspoken” – A film featuring Texas native Chris Johnson’s journey in search of native trout.
- “Fishing for Native Trout in New Mexico” – Kirk Patten, Chief of Fisheries, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
- “Native Trout Conservation” – Therese Thompson, Western Native Trout Initiative Coordinator
We will also provide some important Chapter updates including:
- Lease Access Program Changes
- Fisheries/Stocking Update
- Troutfest TX – Speaker Line Up and Plans
- Business/Budget Update
Please join us, we are excited about this line up and look forward to seeng you there!
We are proud to announce that the 2018 – 2019 Lease Access Program is open for enrollment. Some changes have been made to the Lease Access Program (LAP) for this upcoming season. The changes will not only help us increase satisfaction with the LAP, but are also intended to reduce the infractions to the LAP guidelines that can jeopardize our leases. Read more here.
Get Ready for Troutfest TX 2019!
Feb 22-24, 2019
GRTU’s Troutfest Texas is the largest event of its kind in Texas and brings out a crowd of over 3,000 people interested in fly fishing and preserving and protecting cold water fisheries.
The event is hosted by the Guadalupe River Chapter of Trout Unlimited, the largest TU chapter in the country with over 5,500 members at Lazy L&L Campgrounds. The three-day event will include:
- A banquet with outstanding speakers, door prizes, online silent and live auction.
- A film night featuring The Fly Fishing Film Tour and raffles.
- A free expo with presentations, instruction, vendor booths, raffles, women’s and kid’s events.
Troutfest Texas receives strong statewide marketing and promotional support and offers sponsorship, donation and exhibit opportunities. GRTU’s Troutfest TX 2019 sponsorship, exhibitor, and donor opportunities are going fast. Click here for more information.