The Lease Access Program is now LIVE!!
Click Membership in the Main directory above to go through the sign up process or you can click the icon below this message. Please read all of the information on the Membership page as that info is there to ensure you have an easier sign up experience. In addition, below are the summary of changes for the 2017/2018 year.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for Troutfest 2018 at the conclusion of the LAP sign up. If you thought Troutfest was awesome last year, you don’t want to miss this one and there are only a limited number of tickets. Here’s to another great season!!
GRTU LEASE CHANGES FOR 2017-2018
1) Lease materials will not be mailed out until mid-October, as the lease access year does not begin until November 1st.
2) Lease Access Program price increase to $150. Reasons: Prices have increased for lease sites and trout being stocked.
3) Maximum Number of Lease Members is now limited to 750. This number does not include youth LAP members, but does include spouses.
4) New GRTU Youth Badges
GRTU Youth/Kids (Under 18 years of age) will now receive different color badges from the annual badge color and always need to be accompanied by an adult LAP member. These badges cannot be worn by adult LAP members or guests, and are only valid for the children of current LAP members. As in years past, the youth badges are free. The color for youth badges will remain the same each year and they will be non-numbered badges. This will aid in replacement and potential multi-season use.
5) Sign up period will close on Jan 31st or at 750 members – Whichever comes first.
6) Lost LAP buttons will now cost $20 to replace.
7) Additional guest passes can be obtained by lease members at Action Angler, Sportsman’s Finest, and Living Waters Fly Fishing. ($15 cash only)
8) The GRTU VP of Membership is the sole point of contact for LAP sign up difficulties.
9) “In person” sign ups at fly shops/lease orientations have ceased. Online sign up at grtu.org is the sole method of sign up. All lease materials will now be mailed to LAP members. In the event of an online sign up complication, please contact the VP of Membership.
GRTU’s Troutfest Texas is the largest event of its kind in Texas and brings out a crowd of over 3,000 people interested in fly fishing and preserving and protecting cold water fisheries.
The event is hosted by the Guadalupe River Chapter of Trout Unlimited, the largest TU chapter in the country with over 5,500 members. The three-day event will include:
- A banquet with outstanding speakers, door prizes, online silent and live auction. *Buy your tickets and tables early as we sold out last year.
- A film night featuring The Fly Fishing Film Tour and raffles.
- A free expo with presentations, instruction, vendor booths, raffles, women’s and kid’s events.
Troutfest Texas receives strong statewide marketing and promotional support and offers sponsorship, donation and exhibit opportunities. GRTU’s Troutfest TX 2018 sponsorship, exhibitor, and donor opportunities are going fast.