www.grtu.org

Guadalupe River Chapter of Trout Unlimited Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

Travel to beautiful western Wyoming this summer for an outstanding angling and outdoor experience with an opportunity to catch and release Wyoming’s four native sub-species of cutthroat trout — Yellowstone, Bonneville, Colorado and Snake River!

WHAT IS THE WYOMING CUTT-SLAM?
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department created the “Cutt-Slam” program to encourage anglers to learn more about Wyoming’s cutthroat sub-species and develop more appreciation and support of the department’s cutthroat management program.

BE ONE OF THE LUCKY FEW TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS INCREDIBLE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE.
The Wyoming Trout Unlimited Council will host up to 12 anglers on July 29, 30 and 31, 2011 for an unforgettable outdoor
experience in western Wyoming. Your $1,500 investment will include two nights of outdoor camping in the scenic Wyoming
Range with a western-style outfitting experience; three days of quality fly fishing opportunities to catch and release Wyoming’s four sub-species of cutthroat trout; outstanding meals and refreshment each day; flies, transportation between campsite, fishing locations and Jackson Hole; and much more. The trip will culminate with an awards dinner in Jackson where successful anglers will be presented with a framed, fullcolor cutt-slam certificate from Wyoming Game and Fish Department personnel.
All proceeds from this trip go toward the Wyoming Council of Trout Unlimited efforts to
conserve, protect and restore Wyoming’s coldwater fisheries and their watersheds.
ACT NOW... SPACE IS LIMITED!

Trout Unlimited Wyoming Coordinator Scott Christy at (307) 332-7700 Ext 12
or,
Wyoming Council of Trout Unlimited Vice Chair Mike Jensen at (307) 679-4297

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:55 pm 

I'd love to, Anyone what to sponser me?

Jimbo

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Sure, Jimbo! I'll send you a dollar. Now all you have to do is get another 1499 donors like me and you are golden (or perhaps fine-spotted).

:P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm 

I have done the WY CuttSlam several times. Let me know if you want some "inside info"on doing the slam. See my certificate at www.dvbflyfish.com.
Duane Brandt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:24 pm 

Any pictures from this pat year's to post? Caught my first cut throat this past summer in a tiny stream on the backside of Durango Mountain Resort... Tiny but GORGEOUS fish!!

Reminded me of catching native bookies in New Hampshire when I was a kid, but even less fussier to rise to a bushy dry fly in a steam no wider than you could jump across....