Number For Game Warden

Local interest, member information and fishing the Hill Country

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

troutbum

Number For Game Warden

Post by troutbum » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:24 am

As we all know, illegal harvest of trout is an ongoing problem on the Guadalupe.
I just received a new phone number that will put you in touch with the Warden on duty. It is a mobile # that any one of the river wardens will have 24/ 7.
Write it down, put it in a safe place.

You must call asap when you see a violation, don't wait two hours to call them, and by all means, don't call me. Also with with the new presence of active wardens, make sure you are up to date on your fishing license and trout stamp.
Scott Graham
GRTU Fisheries

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:34 pm

Have my cell phone armed and ready! If you get that feeling someone is watching, that's me! Jimbo

dryfly18

trout stamp

Post by dryfly18 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:16 pm

Scott,

I am new to Texas. I purchased a Texas freshwater fishing license ($28.00). Do I need a trout stamp in addition to this? (I plan to fish for trout).

Thanks,

Ken
Dryfly18

tenbears66

Post by tenbears66 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:33 pm

I just spent an hour on the Texas Parks & Wildlife website looking for ANY reference to a freshwater trout stamp and found nothing. If anyone has a link to TP&W info concerning this stamp could you please post the link.
Cheers,
Sid

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:05 pm

There is no longer a trout stamp. It has been replaced by a freshwater fishing stamp that everyone must purchase. Those funds are set aside for capital improvements, primarily on the state's fish hatcheries.
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

dryfly18

trout stamp

Post by dryfly18 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:56 pm

Mickfly,

Thanks for the information about the freshwater stamp.

Ken
Dryfly18

zencaster

Post by zencaster » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:54 pm

It is often possible to get small wooden signs placed along the river that have the phone number for the local game warden or an 800 anti-poaching number on them. It seems to be very effective in stopping game poaching when the poacher knows that anyone seeing them with a cell phone can find the number in short order and doesn't have to have it programmed in to his phone.
Just when you know it all, they go and invent something new!!

m.chris912

Re: Number For Game Warden

Post by m.chris912 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:58 am

It is often possible to get small wooden signs placed along the river that have the phone number for the local game warden or an 800 anti-poaching number on them. It seems to be very effective in stopping game poaching when the poacher knows that anyone seeing them with a cell phone can find the number in short order and doesn't have to have it programmed in to his phone.

i agree with you as i think this is most effective way of stopping violation at the river.. I wanna know about how can i get the fishing license as i am new in texas?

jam1964

Re: Number For Game Warden

Post by jam1964 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:23 am

Was at a locall fly shop today, and the topic of the day was people taking too many trout and no game warden around. The names and numbers for the wardens have been posted on the forum. I have mine on voice dial and have my phone on me in the water. I know the wardens can’t be everywhere, but a picture may help if you see something without creating a scene to help identify those braking the law. Also one guy on a drift boat said he observed about seven people fishing at Conns,