It's Astonishing to me......

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

Roofish

It's Astonishing to me......

Post by Roofish » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:03 pm

I just finished reading about every post on this forum & you all take such Beautiful pictures & fish such Beautiful places.

Llano, San Marcos, Guadalupe, Blanco, etc., etc.

I've yet to find any places like those that I'm able to access anyways???????
Roofish

Jimbo Roberts

Re: It's Astonishing to me......

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Get yourself a book called Flyfishing the Texas Hill Country and then get a Mapsco Texas map to go with it. Start reading the book and refer to the Mapsco Map to find the crossings and outfitters that are mentioned there. Final step, put your fishing gear in your vehicle and start exploring. Good Luck !

Jimbo

jchristensen77

Post by jchristensen77 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 am

Hey Roofish - I know the feeling about the pictures and wanting to get out. this feeling especially gets me when I'm in the office like I am right this very second! :lol:

GRTU also runs a Lease Access program that will get you access to a special forum with INSANE pictures and access that arent shared anywhere else. I hope you understand why many like to keep their spots as "secret" as possible. If you already are a member of the Lease progream, dig around that board and you will find a ton of spots, both for warm water and trout fishing this great trout fishery we have here. there are many great folks who will be happy to help you out with any questions related to the fishery and/or membership questions and most can be answered by checking out the webpage.

In the mean time, some other places to dig around (in addition to Jimbo's info) would be San Gabriel Fly Fishers (http://www.sgflyfishers.com/) Check out their "Local Fishing Spots along the right side of the page. It looks like your in Cedar Park. When I lived up there I really enjoyed Brushy Creek along Hairy Man Road - Not the Big Lake, but the creek itself. Great hatches, tons of carp, bass, sunfish, some bass.
We are right around the corner from the white bass run too. this is great fun and Texas' worst kept secret - You will know where and when this happens!

Good luck - tight lines and Wet hands!

Long story short, there are a ton of places to go - Try and get some time a way and enjoy before it gets to DANG HOT OUT THERE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
><~}}}}]]*>
><~}}}}]]*>

hbill

Post by hbill » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:22 pm

How do I find out about the river lease access program?

Texjbq

Post by Texjbq » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:33 am

https://www.grtu.org/membership/

Currently not open for registration, but will be probably sometime this month I assume. Just check it every few days.

Alex Argyros

Post by Alex Argyros » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:21 am

Registration is open as of yesterday.