Anybody ever used Uber / Is Uber available down near the river?

Trout Fishing Anywhere

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

Cigarsnjeeps

Anybody ever used Uber / Is Uber available down near the river?

Post by Cigarsnjeeps » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:54 pm

I'm coming down for a couple days this weekend to break in my new RV and staying at Rio. I traded in my Yak for a Watermaster Kodiak raft and since i can semi-easily carry it wherever i want, i am thinking about using Uber to tske me up to the spillway and dropping me off. I csn air up and then float /fish back down to Rio.....so just curious if Uber is even available down along the river...if not ill come up with something else
@cigarsnjeeps
Ducit Amor Patriae

wiscoy

Re: Anybody ever used Uber / Is Uber available down near the river?

Post by wiscoy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:15 am

My cousin bought a Watermaster a few years ago he uses a foldable bike and foldable trailer to transport his raft on the river. He sets up his bike and trailer, puts boat in trailer, travels upstream to a put in point and then loads the bike and trailer onto the Watermaster and floats back to his camp site. Not sure brand of bike or trailer he bought, but am sure you can find on google. Just something to think about.

Wiscoy

lhill

Post by lhill » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Here is a post on neighbor next door from a Lyft & Uber driver.

ang lopez
, Lake Ridge·3d ago
sorry...to get me directly 830 515 3664. if you give me a heads up i can be in the area but normally i am in either san marcos, new braunfels or even sometimes in san antonio. depends on the demand...i would LOVE to be able to drive out here at the lake rather than going into town. Please call me when you are needing a ride and i will help you request and than i will accept so it is guaranteed you will be picked up on time.

I drive in new braunfels, seguin and even wimberly. The reason there are no drivers available here at the lake is because no one uses us out here, with the occassional request for a ride to the airport. We work where we know we will be getting consistent ride requests. I myself and i know that another driver have told you in this app (It is an app, not a phone call) that we are available but no one has taken us up on this option. I personally have offered rides to grocer or even to pickup scripts. In san antonio i also do what is called "uber eats". I pickup take out orders from all kind of restaurants, bars and even places such as mcdonalds but again....local businesses need to participate. Unless there is a need in this area, there will not be drivers available. This area is perfect forr any of these services but no one requests. It is like any other business. If there is no participation, there will be no one available. If you are in need of a ride or kno you are gonna need one, call me. I can be available and go online to take it when it comes through but none of us drivers are gonna stay in an area where there is little to no participation. We post in here and are told "great idea" but no one uses us. Even new braunfels keeps us busy because they use us. They give us a reason to be in the area because we kno we will be kept busy.
Larry

"None of us ever dies if the deeds we've done continue to do good in a world where trout still swim." Dave Hughes

pontoonman

Post by pontoonman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:22 pm

wiscoy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:15 am
My cousin bought a Watermaster a few years ago he uses a foldable bike and foldable trailer to transport his raft on the river. He sets up his bike and trailer, puts boat in trailer, travels upstream to a put in point and then loads the bike and trailer onto the Watermaster and floats back to his camp site. Not sure brand of bike or trailer he bought, but am sure you can find on google. Just something to think about.

Wiscoy
Wiscoy, you brought back some pleasant memories and a smile....

I've done something similar in past years before uber existed, without a river campsite- from Rebecca bridge to boat ramp #11.

I rented a 15 dollar u haul enclosed trailer and fastened down my e bike inside, drove to boat ramp, unhitched, locked the door and chained the u haul down at the ramp area. My previously inflated toon was strapped to the rooftop or bed of the truck, and then driven to Rebecca bridge parking for the launch. Upon landing at BR #11, the bike is removed and toon is locked into the u haul. Then the bike is ridden about 6 miles to where the vehicle is parked, thenloaded on the vehicle, and the vehicle driven back to hitch up the uhaul

Cigarsnjeeps

Post by Cigarsnjeeps » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I may give that Uber driver a call and see if they can help me out.
@cigarsnjeeps
Ducit Amor Patriae

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:32 am

You might be able to arrange a shuttle from the folks at Rio. If not I am sure they know folks that could shuttle you. Might be easier than rolling the dice on Uber
Mark Dillow

Cassio

Post by Cassio » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:10 pm

The ladies that work Maricopa have given me a shuttle ride on a couple of occasions back up to the dam or to drop off my truck at rio. I usually insist in giving them some gas money or buying them some breakfast tacos.