Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

RayB

Hey Jimbo

Post by RayB » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:42 am

Are you tripping this year?

Jimbo Roberts

Re: Hey Jimbo

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:52 am

I have a vacation planned starting around the middle of July. A couple of days in Northern New Mexico, then Pagosa Springs Co. for a week, on to Steamboat Springs for a week, followed by some more time in Wyoming, Montana, and maybe Idaho. Snowpacks are up this year in most of the Rockies and it might determine what is fishable. Also this trip depends on my current prescriptions and whether they make me susceptible to altitude sickness again like last year. I'm hoping that won't happen or it might be a short summer trip.

Jimbo

RayB

Post by RayB » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:02 am

Sounds like a great vacation, and looking forward to the write up. At the risk of being banned from the site, have you thought that you might be getting to a time in life when you might need to go with a partner? Just for safety?

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am

I've been fishing places that I probably shouldn't do alone for years.
Places that don't see many anglers or hikers and if something went wrong I would have to get myself back on my own.
Then I found a rescue beacon about 3 years ago. All you need is to be able to see the sky.
Once activated it uses satellite and GPS technology and sends a request for immediate rescue by any means.
That means a helicopter ride and the bill that goes along with it.
The reality is that if I have another heart attack way in the back country I probably won't make it out alive.
For me that's OK, it would be the perfect place to go, out among the Cutthroats in God's Country.

Jimbo