Wading guidelines in higher flows

Trout Fishing Anywhere

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

pontoonman

Re: Wading guidelines in higher flows

Post by pontoonman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:25 am

Danny S wrote:Never fish Medina lake, but you might try the river between Bandera and Medina. There is at least one crossing where you can put in your Kayak and may be conducive to going up stream a little ways. Follow Hiway 16 out of Bandera toward Medina/Kerrville. There is a crossing that has a state picnic area near the bridge. The water there is fairly level and calm, usually runs clear and holds quite a few bass. You can go further up and turn left on FM 2107 (if I recall correctly). It follows the Medina River toward it's headwaters. There is another crossing up this road that also offers good kayaking on one side of the bridge (easy access here also).

Then, as Mick mentioned, there is Cibolo Creek just outside Boerne off of Hiway 46.. It's a great small stream with loads of fish. Just have to arrive after the Nature Center opens (8 AM I believe).
Here are some pictures from the Cibolo where some "hogs" are being caught. Lot's more water there now:
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 4&t=138985

Pon

d ayer

Post by d ayer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 pm

What part of the Cibolo is that?
David

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Guidelines for wading in higher flows. Now there's a wishful thinking topic if I ever saw one!
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

Ron Mc

Post by Ron Mc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:09 am

we can dream, can't we?

Ron Mc