COC Grant Request - Mountain Fork, Oklahoma

This forum contains information about the COC fund activities. It is linked to the web site.

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

jeffs

COC Grant Request - Mountain Fork, Oklahoma

Post by jeffs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm

GRTU members -

We have recieved a grant request through GRTU's Coldwater Outreach Conservation (COC) grant program from the Eighty Niner Chapter of TU in Tulsa, requesting funding for assistance with work on the Lower Mountain Fork River in southern Oklahoma. Many of our Dallas and North Texas GRTU members fish these waters and their river and its history of conservation project work serves as a good model for us on the Guadalupe River.

GRTU Board member Roger Turner has worked extensively with the 89'er chapter and the LMF River Foundation in preparing an outstanding grant application with good background and supporting informtion for the GRTU Board and Chapter members to consider. You can review the grant application at this link:

http://www.viacoustics.com/LMFR_GRTU_CO ... cation.pdf

This will be the 5th major project that GRTU's COC project has funded, including projects that now bear GRTU's name in:

Trout Run Creek - Minnesota
South Platte River in Eleven Mile Canyon - Colorado
Los Alimitos Creek - New Mexico
Talarik Creek and the TU Pebble Mine Opposition Project - Alaska

GRTU members are urged to review the application and express their support for funding assistance via this forum or by talking to your GRTU Board members. The grant application will be introduced at the upcoming Oct meeting for consideration for funding by the GRTU Board in January.

Jeff Schmitt

sjcastleberry

Re: COC Grant Request - Mountain Fork, Oklahoma

Post by sjcastleberry » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 pm

I live in Austin but do fish Beaver's Bend recreational park. I would support the request.

Sam C.

Joel Garcia

Post by Joel Garcia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:37 pm

This definitely looks like a worthwhile project and I am in full support of the GRTU proposed contribution.

texastrout

Post by texastrout » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Jeff thanks for posting this for review. When I tried to link to the writeup it wouldn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Joel Garcia

Post by Joel Garcia » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:54 pm

texastrout

Post by texastrout » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks Joel, much better.

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Update on the COC grant for Lower Mountain Fork.
In August 2012, the Board of Directors learned that the Lower Mountain Fork River Association had been unable to move forward with their project due to conditions beyond their control. The LMFR decided to return the grant money in full to GRTU until such time that financing and help from OK state agencies (who have been struggling with funding) are able to re-engage.

The GRTU board has received the funds, and appreciates LMFR's efforts. Since the grant was approved originally by the GRTU board, no re-submission of a grant is required if LMFR wishes to petition for the funds in the future, unless the project for which we initially approved the grant has changed.
Mark Dillow