The New (Ex) Presidential Suite

Fun with fur and feathers

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:03 am

Short answer -- no website yet; I shoot Nikon; -- still some film, but mostly digital over the last three to four years; lots of family and action sports (kids), travel and outdoor something I want to do more. I'll bring my latest camera and lenses along to Troutfest. Seek me out and we can talk photography.

If you've not seen it, check out the Texas Photo Forum. Nice people, mix of Canon and Nikon shooters, local get togethers and ideas for photo ops.
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

John M. White

Post by John M. White » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:28 am

Unfortunately I won't be at tout fest. But, maybe next time I see you at a meeting or stocking, I 'll look you up.
Thanks,

John Michael

Fine Art Nature, Wildlife, & Sporting Photography, visit: www.johnmwhitephotography.com .

John M. White

Post by John M. White » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:54 pm

I spent this weekend getting a new hosting site set up for my photography. A lot of my older work is still in slide form, and I hope to get it scanned and loaded in the near future. But my digital work from the last year is up. Anyone who is interested can check it out at http://creationslight.zenfolio.com

In the future, I may set it up to allow fine prints and digital downloads to be purchased directly off the website, if there is any demand.
Thanks,

John Michael

Fine Art Nature, Wildlife, & Sporting Photography, visit: www.johnmwhitephotography.com .

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:28 am

We had several camera buffs at the Troutfest, so the event should be well covered for photos.

I plan to print a two page spread of Troutfest photos in the next GRTU newsletter.
Mickfly

NathanJK

Post by NathanJK » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:07 am

Reading through this, I had no idea that there were other photographers here! Funny that TPF should be brought up, I'm a member over there under the same username as here (NathanJK). I shoot weddings, portraits, that kinda thing. It makes sense though, fly fishing has a certain aesthetic quality that definitely helped attract me to the sport! Mickmcco, what is your username on TPF?

Edit: sorry for reviving an old thread ;)

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:59 am

Username is the same there -- mickmcco on Texas Photo Forum.

BTW, we'll be having a clinic on fly fishing photography taught by Mark Lance at our next chapter meeting on April 26th. He's the regional field editor for Southwest Fly Fishing magazine and a great adventure/fly fishing photographer.
Mickfly