Doug Swisher PARACHUTE MADAM X/ SPECKL-X

Fun with fur and feathers

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

chrislewistx

Doug Swisher PARACHUTE MADAM X/ SPECKL-X

Post by chrislewistx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Good morning,

I am looking for a local source, San Antonio, for a fly; the PARACHUTE MADAM X or the SPECKL-X version. In searching the internet and comparing the last one I have, it seems to match the pics on the Doug Swisher web site.

Anyone know of a place in or around SA to purchase these? I believe I bought these in Dallas at Blue Drake. Which their web site seems to be gone and the phone number I found doesnt work. Perhaps they have gone out of business?????
"Grief can take care of itself,
but to get the full value of a joy
you must have somebody to divide it with."

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:33 pm

I've bought some in Montana. Try googling George Anderson's Yellowstone Angler in Livingston or The River's Edge in Bozeman and see if they have some. Good Luck. Jimbo

John M. White

Post by John M. White » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:01 pm

Goresuch Outfitters in Edwards, CO.....
Thanks,

John Michael

Fine Art Nature, Wildlife, & Sporting Photography, visit: www.johnmwhitephotography.com .

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:51 am

Your best bet is to buy them over the internet rather than find them at a local shop. You can get them from The Fly Shop (www.theflyshop.com), Dan Bailey's (www.dan-baileys.com) or directly from Doug Swisher himself (http://www.dougswisher.com/freshwater.htm).
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

EdN

Post by EdN » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:47 pm

I would suggest stopping by the Tackle Box on North New Braunfels at the south end of Sunset Ridge Shopping Center. Ask for Bruce Young and if he doesn't have any he can probably tie you some. He is off on Monday but there any other day