Rogerdodger

Fun with fur and feathers

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

John M. White

Rogerdodger

Post by John M. White » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:17 pm

Here's a new streamer I came up with. I was trying to make something that resembled the baitfish in the Guad, and also combined known favorite colors for the Guad. I look forward to seeing how it does, as I have not tried fishing streamers yet this year. I tried to get somethig with lots of flash, and lots of movement. The neat feature is that the top peice of black bunny fur, and pearl flahabou, is tied down behind and in front of the dumbell eyes respectively, so that it will raise up and move freely as the fly sinks, unlike if it had been secured at the back of the hook shank like the bottom peice of olive squirel fur. In the middle is the chartreuse flashabou. Also, I had to throw in the black rubber legs for extra movement, and the eyes for that realistice fishy look. I think this would work well as a tiger salamander imitation for fishing for bass as well. I think with all the loose movement on the top, it could also pass for a crayfish.

Thanks,

John Michael

Fine Art Nature, Wildlife, & Sporting Photography, visit: www.johnmwhitephotography.com .

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:30 am

Cool! What type of fur did you use?
Looking forward to the fish report when you get to try it out.
Mark Dillow

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 am

Looks like something that would also be great for the upcoming Striper tournament. If you tie me up a couple and I catch some, I'll give you all the credit. Jimbo

John M. White

Post by John M. White » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:25 pm

The fur is rabbit zonker strips in black and olive.
Thanks,

John Michael

Fine Art Nature, Wildlife, & Sporting Photography, visit: www.johnmwhitephotography.com .

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:48 am

You should see these in person, I could land a Tarpon with the hooks in these things. These will do nicely, Thank you ! Jimbo