October Fisch Flyfishinf Festival

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

lockjaw_tx

October Fisch Flyfishinf Festival

Post by lockjaw_tx » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:46 am

Hi all
Is any one going to the October fisch festival this year ? I t sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun.
Orvis, Temple Forks, Okuma and other exhibitors , camping out and getting to fish the LLano river.
http:www.fredricksburgflyfishers.org
The timing sucks cause I will miss the meeting , but we should have a great time.
Don

mickmcco

Post by mickmcco » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:29 am

Don:

How was Octoberfish? I wanted to go, and even called the guys and tried to lobby for a different date, to no avail. Maybe someday we can get them to have it on a weekend other than chapter meeting weekend.

lockjaw_tx

festival

Post by lockjaw_tx » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:23 am

Had a great trip, went down to the R.V. park early and spent 2 days fishing the local area ( love those Rio Grande Perch) Friday, got to meet the group putting on the festival .Had way to much fun
They had some great instructors ( Stacey Trumbell-TPWD- and a bunch of others) Had a great dinner/party at Crockett Kellers on Saturday:D
Ate to much ,laughed to much, fished to much. As if such a thing was possible.
Mick.
Talked to the organiser of this event and they said they would try not to schedual , the two events on the same weekend.
This is something I will plan on attending next year. Don

mickmcco

Post by mickmcco » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:37 pm

Sorry to hear you were forced to have way too much fun. It's a real bummer when that happens.