On the Blanco Nov 14th 2011

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

cresswellcharles

On the Blanco Nov 14th 2011

Post by cresswellcharles » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:07 pm

My friend Gary and I fished the Blanco last week. When we left to begin fishing, my river thermometer said 58 degrees. Fishing was pretty good and the day enjoyable. This morning the water temperature was 68 degrees and overcast skies. I thought I would post photos of the day. Common knowledge that river non-trout fishing slows doesn't always seem accurate.
I used my 4 wt. and flies are obvious from most pics. It is doubly enjoyable to fish and have something to photograph.

castell

Re: On the Blanco Nov 14th 2011

Post by castell » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Charles. Nice set of photos and glad to see the Blanco is fishing well in areas.

On the fish ID, my guess would be a Guad/smallie hybrid.

One thing: I might suggest that you only single post (no need to put the additional post on the board dealing with GRTU lease members). I think the admins are wanting to keep things clean & avoid the double up on photos and posts.

cresswellcharles

Post by cresswellcharles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks for the information. Since the forum is for GRTU members only, my thought process was to reach members and non-members, post twice. Now that I'm thinking on the subject, posting twice is a waste. GRTU lease members who might be interested in non-member topics can go there.

Cress

castell

Post by castell » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:10 pm

cresswellcharles wrote:GRTU lease members who might be interested in non-member topics can go there.

Cress

Exactly. Also, the Lease Member's forum is for talking about fishing, accessing and all things related to the lease sites on the Guadalupe.