Creek Fishing

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

erhd55

Creek Fishing

Post by erhd55 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:42 pm

My fishing buddy (bassackwards) and I fished a local creek today.
I fished with my 7'6" Orvis Power Flex (fiberglass rod), Martin LM-56 and Teeny T130.
We had a long and hard slog to reach productive water, but it was worth it.

Here's a few pics:

- Edward -

jchristensen77

Re: Creek Fishing

Post by jchristensen77 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Nice Pics.... I love fishing creeks, as it reminds me, albeit MUCH hotter, grabbing the topo map and fishing for 8" brookies in New Hampshire.

I dont want anyone to burn any spots, but can anyone recommend a nice (shady) creek in the San Marcos area? I want to bust out my old 3-weight and the namesake river (San Marcos River) is just too deep to wade without fear of death, or being overwhelmed with humanity.
And the Blanco is pushing it size-wise as well... In addition to the fear of trespassing...

Any help is greatly appreciated! Feel free to PM, I can keep a secret :mrgreen:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
><~}}}}]]*>
><~}}}}]]*>

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:49 pm

John, if you don't get anyone offering suggestions, you might pick up a copy of "Fly Fishing the Hill Country"...the latest edition by Kevin Hutchinson is great, with up to date locations including GPS coordinates...
Mark Dillow

jchristensen77

Post by jchristensen77 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:23 pm

LabRat wrote:John, if you don't get anyone offering suggestions, you might pick up a copy of "Fly Fishing the Hill Country"...the latest edition by Kevin Hutchinson is great, with up to date locations including GPS coordinates...
Thanks for the heads up on that publication. I had an electronic version of the old edition, but as property rights have surely changed hands, I was a little skeptical on some of Bud's access points.
I actually went right out and bought the new one, and it is wealth of new information! The GPS coordinates are great, and I can sit at work and plan out my trips on Goole Earth now... When I should be working... :shock:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
><~}}}}]]*>
><~}}}}]]*>

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah, it is a super resource that induces all kinds of daydreams for me too! Good luck.
Mark Dillow

Rafael Torres

Post by Rafael Torres » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:39 am

Great pictures Edward it has been a while since I was able to hit the river but will be out there sometime this month for sure. Take Care
Rafael ><~}}}}*>

"Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs Become Lions"