summer trip

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

Captjp

summer trip

Post by Captjp » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:07 am

Hi all. Former saltwater fly fishing guide from the New Orleans area that was pushed to Houston after Katrina. had gone back to LA to guide again and now thanks to BP am unemployed again. Had enough and thinking of moving to San Antonio area. I was thinking of making a trip there this weekend or next to look around and of course have to hit a river or two. :P In the past I have fished the Guad above and below the dam, the Llano, Frio, Medina, Nueces, and others that I don't know what to call them. Was wondering if there are any rivers to avoid right now. Any help for an out of work guide is appreciated :roll:
FIsh long fish hard: you never know

LabRat

Re: summer trip

Post by LabRat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:04 pm

The only one I know to avoid is the lower Guadalupe...still closed below the second crossing last I heard due to the flood last week.
Mark Dillow

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Also, be sure to check the flows on our webpage. I just saw a post that indicated that flows were increasing today to 800 CFS, which is too fast for wading safely.
Mark Dillow

Brian47

Post by Brian47 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:20 am

Captjp wrote:Hi all. Former saltwater fly fishing guide from the New Orleans area that was pushed to Houston after Katrina. had gone back to LA to guide again and now thanks to BP am unemployed again. Had enough and thinking of moving to San Antonio area. I was thinking of making a trip there this weekend on my academic summer camps or next to look around and of course have to hit a river or two. :P In the past I have fished the Guad above and below the dam, the Llano, Frio, Medina, Nueces, and others that I don't know what to call them. Was wondering if there are any rivers to avoid right now. Any help for an out of work guide is appreciated :roll:
Best of luck for your summer trip, and I wish you find good fishing experience there.
Let us know how the trip goes after coming back.