smallstreams

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: dlcole, LabRat

gstrand

smallstreams

Post by gstrand » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Some of you may remember smallstreams.com

It's arguably one of the oldest fly fishing boards on the net and has undergone lots of iterations. About a year ago it died. I've known all of the owners and decided to acquire the site and revive it, which I did a few months ago. I put stream-fisher on indefinite hold and have put all of my interweb free time into getting smallstreams back up and running, and it is. It's becoming the global small stream trout fishing community it once was, and that's cool...

But...

I need some warmwater and third coast locals! There are more warmwater small streams in this state than you can shake the proverbial stick at. Heck, Ron knows most of them intimately.

So this is an invitation to visit smallstreams.com to fellow Texans who love the small streams filled with lots of fish... not trout in our part of the world, but fish worthy of our pursuit.

Greg, if this belongs elsewhere, advance apologies for placing it in the wrong place and gratitude for moving it!

Best,

-Gus

mickmcco
Site Admin

Re: smallstreams

Post by mickmcco » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:04 am

Good for you, Gus!

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

gstrand

Post by gstrand » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks, Mick! Things are ok! Got one heading off to college in the fall so I'm currently in funding shock. :) Looking forward to warmer weather and trying some Tenkara on my local rivulets...

Oh, and I fixed the link in my signature, folks!

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Good for you, Gus. Good luck funding college. We have one back in school after a semester off who seems to be on the seven year plan. That's unfortunate, because we were hoping to have him done before his brother (six years younger) was ready to go. At this rate, they may overlap. Belt tightening ahead!
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.