Anywhere left to fish?

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

kmitschke

Anywhere left to fish?

Post by kmitschke » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:25 pm

I went to Brushy Creek today and was not shocked at all, but a bit saddened. It was low, just like everywhere else around here it seems. However, it was definitely fishable...lots of small bass and a few better sized ones. I saw a couple schools of small channel cat about 8 inches, must've been close to a hundred in each. Overall it was definitely still enjoyable.

Is there anywhere close (within an hour or two) that you guys would recommend to try out? I don't mind driving, but I just want to be sure that when I get there I will see water.

Happy fishing!

Kurt Mitschke

BigCliff

Re: Anywhere left to fish?

Post by BigCliff » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 pm

The Llano, the Guad near Comfort and the Lampasas are the only ones that look reasonable decent for now- http://waterwatch.usgs.gov/?m=real&r=tx
I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer, and I practice moderation in moderation.

Ron Mc

Post by Ron Mc » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I caught 30 endemic bass this morning in the middle Guad - flows were OK and the fish were stacked at the heads of pools below riffles. Sorry, my camera battery was dead

I bet half of my fish were just trolling a fly in the flow pouring into the pools.
Ron Mc

bhigdon

Post by bhigdon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:46 am

Town Lake & Colorado River, Austin to Big Webberville

kmitschke

Post by kmitschke » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:26 am

Oh yeah, the Colorado below Town Lake is flowing great. Any tips on catching carp? It seems that I always stumble upon some carp down there...I'm thinking about actually going to go look for some this time.

Kurt

bhigdon

Post by bhigdon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 am

We catch allot of carp on darker eggs & dark midges patterns