Just Sad

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: dlcole, LabRat

jacofish

Just Sad

Post by jacofish » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:38 pm

I went out for what I thought would be a fun day of kayak fishing and upon reaching my destination saw this.
That is what it looked like at the Rebecca Creek Crossing last Wednesday.

This shot is from further downriver looking up to the bridge.

And Down.

After my drive, I decided that I couldn't return home without hiking upstream in search of water. Here is a picture of the 20ft deep hole Ron always talks about, more like a dry pit now.

To my dissapointment, however, the falls could be reached without getting your feet wet.

Now to show everyone how bad this really is. Here is a pic of the same falls about two months before.

And even more depressing was the fact that around the bend upstream of the falls, I couldn't even see water.

This is a shot when walking downstream from the falls. As you can see the water is reduced to a pool in the deepest section and you can walk up or downriver on the riverbed without getting wet.
Kiss My Bass!

BigCliff

Re: Just Sad

Post by BigCliff » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:30 pm

I fished with my father in law for a few hours near Comfort yesterday. Better flows than we've had and the water was even a bit murky from the turbulence. Numbers caught were off a bit, but it was still fun, and I don't think we sweat a bit.

Wonder if any of it will make it down to the big lake before its sucked out?
I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer, and I practice moderation in moderation.

Alex Argyros

Post by Alex Argyros » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:26 am

I hate to see that lovely stretch of water reduced to bones.

On a positive note, I've heard that the upper Llano has received some rain and is running fine. I'll be up there a week from this Wednesday, so I'll file a report.

bhigdon

Post by bhigdon » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am

Hint......Gps and take pictures of the holes and stucture while its down. It WILL come back up and you will be glad you did.