New Fly Shop opening in Round Rock

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

LabRat

New Fly Shop opening in Round Rock

Post by LabRat » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:48 pm

All, I posted this on the lease members site, but wanted to share here too. Chris is a great young man, and since this place is in my neighborhood I plan to put in my application to be the shop curmudgeon! ;-)

Greetings Fellow Fly Fisher,

I am very proud to announce that the Grand Opening of Living Waters Fly Fishing will be this Saturday, June 21st! The shop will open up at 9 a.m. that morning and close at 7 p.m. that evening. Normal business hours will be from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Mon. – Sat. and the shop will be closed on Sunday. The fly shop will be located at 2111 Sam Bass Rd., Suite B-2000A in the Boardwalk shopping center in Round Rock. The shopping center is located just past the intersection of Sam Bass Rd. and Hairy Man Rd. on the left. The shop is literally only seconds from the shaded waters of Brushy Creek, so great fly fishing is right around the corner! You will find everything from fly tying materials to saltwater fly reels at the shop and even a fresh fish story or two! Living Waters Fly Fishing is a dealer for Dr. Slick Co., Temple Fork Outfitters, Buff Headwear, Wachter Nets, Ross Reels, Just Add H2O (Fishient Group) fly tying materials, Scientific Angler, Wapsi, and Rainy’s flies – with many more vendors to come!

The fly shop has an area in the back of the store that will be the “Fly Tying Lounge.” It will most likely not be fully operational at the grand opening but in the future will be set up for customers to come in and tie in-store on provided vises and Dr. Slick tools. The fly tying lounge will have at least 4 permanent fly tying stations, plenty of room for group seminars, and will have a coffee and soft drink bar as well. Fly tying seminars will be held in the lounge every month – seminar dates will be posted in the near future. So if you want to whip up a dozen of a pattern in the future then come on by and do just that! I will be there to answer any fly tying questions you may have!

Local TFO rep, Banning Collins, will be at the shop for the Grand Opening to demo many of Temple Fork Outfitter’s fine fly rods! Also, Keith Barnes of Highland Lakes Fly Fishing will be present to answer all of your questions about fly fishing our local lakes for bass, striper, whites, and other species! There will BBQ and drinks provided at the shop so come by and grab some lunch, cast a rod or two, swap fish stories, and shop the store! I look forward to seeing you all there!

Directions to the shop:

If you need any additional help with directions then please call me at (512) 507-7733. Take care and God Bless!

Tight Lines,

Chris Johnson
(512) 507-7733

www.livingwatersflyfishing.com
Mark Dillow

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Has anybody been to this shop since it opened? I don't get up there much, but I need to drop by sometime just because it a flyfishing shop. Jimbo

John M. White

Post by John M. White » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:55 am

I stopped in Saturday and met Chris, the owner. He is a super nice guy, and said that business has been real good. He still has more plans for expanding the back room, and more gear in the near future(waders, etc)I think he said. Right now he has a nice assortment of rods and Ross reels, nets, and terminal tackle. Lot's of tying materials. Also, he has some nice art for sale in the shop, which gives it a nice feel.
Thanks,

John Michael

Fine Art Nature, Wildlife, & Sporting Photography, visit: www.johnmwhitephotography.com .

Coconut Groves

Post by Coconut Groves » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:00 pm

I dropped by Saturday as well. Chris used to work over at Sportsman's Warehouse and would always give me great tips on what flies were working. He ties really good flies too and will do special orders (he's making up a batch of coast flies for me).

If you get a chance, swing on by and check it out. I'll be giving him a call and ordering the things I need instead of buying online, that's for sure.
"Strip... Strip... Strip...... Fish On!"

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:16 pm

Guys, thanks for supporting Chris. He told me a number of you had dropped by, and that has been very encouraging for him.
Mark Dillow

jchristensen77

Post by jchristensen77 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:57 pm

Thats it...I'm quitting my crappy job and will apply to be the store grunt-worker! :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
><~}}}}]]*>
><~}}}}]]*>

bwilkins

Post by bwilkins » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:02 am

Glad to hear the new shop is doing well. I'm going to have to get up there soon to check it out - just a little far from my bailiwick. Does he have a lot of bass bugs, etc? I'm gettin' kinda low.
Brad Wilkins

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Yes, and he also custom ties some. The store is getting more stock all the time. I'll try to drop by in the morning to see what's new...
Mark Dillow

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:10 pm

Dropped by saturday and talked to Chris. He has a nice little shop that has lots of tying materials, all the TFO Rods, a selection of reels and lines. He told me that he will be expanding everything as time and money allows. I am going to have him tie me up a bunch of my favorite dave's rubber legs. He was confident that it will be no problem matching this fly. I ordered 5 dozen to egt me started. Jimbo

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:10 pm

Dang, I was in Saturday too Jimbo, just around lunch time. Sorry I missed you . You were just 5 minutes from mi casa
Mark Dillow