A Windy Texoma Striper Thursday

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: dlcole, LabRat

mickmcco
Site Admin

A Windy Texoma Striper Thursday

Post by mickmcco » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:19 am

Fished Texoma yesterday with guide Steve Hollensed. We were off EARLY and into striper action almost immediately. Action was steady on top for three hours or so, then slowed. It was my first time to fish the lake for stripers and it was a great fun to see them blast those poppers out of the water. I don't count fish, but we caught quite a few, including a couple of largemouths and one large smallmouth we hooked, then saw, but didn't land.

Steve then taught me how to cast my new Streamer Express 350 grain sinking line and we found a shoreline to try it on. I landed the two largest stripers of the day in quick succession. We also fished the afternoon, but the gusty, 20 mph wind made it hard to find spots to fish. I did land a nice channel cat and another largemouth before calling it a day.

Steve was an enthusiastic and tireless guide and companion throughout the day. He was a great fish finder who seemed to know where to show up just before the fish started hitting. I'm looking forward to fishing with him again when the winds die down.
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

Ron Mc

Post by Ron Mc » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:50 pm

I know you have a camera...
Ron Mc

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:02 pm

And I still haven't taught myself how to post pics on the forum, despite your patient instructions.
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

jchristensen77

Post by jchristensen77 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:16 pm

I hear when it is windy, and there are big fish involved the electronics on the cameras short out.... :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~><~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
><~}}}}]]*>
><~}}}}]]*>