Fished Hunt to Ingram Sunday

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: dlcole, LabRat

maxh

Fished Hunt to Ingram Sunday

Post by maxh » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:12 am

Great day fishing last Sunday. It was my first time on the upper guad and after hearing real good things about it, I was not dissapointed. We couldn't find a pre-arranged shuttle but took the kayaks anyways in hopes that we could find a shuttle when we got there. Some really nice people at a gas station in Ingram offered to shuttle us for the cost of gas,4$ even though I begged them to let me give them twenty.We floated from Hunt to Ingram about 6 miles. Next time we'll know to take out above that madhouse at Lake Ingram-
It was a great day and the flows were perfect.
We caught some nice fish too-

-What a great day, we caught smallmouth, largemouth, channel cats, guadalupes, spotted bass, warmouth and lots of perch. Can't wait to go back!

Max

Walt D

Post by Walt D » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:12 pm

Really nice fish.

Ron Mc

Post by Ron Mc » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:04 pm

me and my big mouth. :lol:

(you guys have nice boats)
Ron Mc

Walt D

Post by Walt D » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:51 pm

Ron Mc wrote:me and my big mouth. :lol:

(you guys have nice boats)
I agree. Know anyone selling one? I'm looking for a kayak.

maxh

Post by maxh » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:44 pm

You're right Ron, I did get the idea to go to Hunt from you guys. I promise I won't tell anyone! It's been particularly slow for us this summer as the Colorado R. at Webberville is what we consider our"home waters". By this time we should've already floated it about 10 times but with the rain we haven't been since February. Have been starved for some good fishing all summer so thanks.

Max

maxh

Post by maxh » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:48 pm

On the kayaks- you should check with some of the kayak shops that have rentals. I know they periodically sell the rental models when they get new ones. That's how I got mine.
I'm seriously considering a pontoon but$$$.

jzap

Post by jzap » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:26 pm

If you are looking for a kayak go to craigslist, I found a OK malibu II in Austin for $175. Some rental place was selling off their old rental fleet. You can also look on WWW.TexasKayakFisherman.com, look under messages then go to kayaks and gear for sale. I found a heritage fisherman pro 14 for $350. I also picked up a WS tarpon 160 at Austin Outdoor guide and gear for $500 from their rental fleet. Alot of the time you can find yaks with all the bells and whistles.

thebeaner227

Post by thebeaner227 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:05 am

We aren't selling our rental fleet, but we do have some pretty good prices right now on our in-stock Heritage Redfish kayaks. A green 12' non-angler for $625 (plus tax)--comes with seat, scupper plugs, and two storage hatches. A blue and a khaki 12' Angler for $700/each (plus tax)--comes with rod holders, paddle leash, and an anchor system (anchor, rope, pad eye, and anchor cleat). We also have 10' and 14' Redfish kayaks.

Currently, we also offer 20% off a Bending Branches paddle with the purchase of a new kayak. We're trying to make room for the 2008 kayaks that we'll be carrying (the Redfish plus a few other kayak lines that we're picking up). Our store is in Belton, TX, but I live in Austin and can work out delivery options since I'm usually all over CenTex fishing.

Oh and thanks guys for the new fishing location!

Colleen
Heart of Texas Kayaks
www.hotkayaks.net
*I tried to post pictures of us fishing on the Blanco with the yaks, but can't seem to figure it out*

maxh

Post by maxh » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:59 am

It took me a while to figure out how to post pictures as well. You have to have them on a web based picture sharing program like picasaweb or something similar. You can't post pictures that are only located on your computer. Theres a page on this site that deals with the bccode and how to use it. It's easy once you figure it out. What got me stuck was that the url to the photos is wrapped in a larger url on the photo site that you have to delete to get it to work. Hope that helps.

By the way, how was the water clarity on the Blanco?

Max

thebeaner227

Post by thebeaner227 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:29 pm

I haven't been back on the Blanco in the past month. The pictures I have are probably over a month old...maybe closer to two. So, not sure about the water clarity since the last batch of rain. Sorry! I'm hoping to hit the Blanco though within the next week. I'll take pictures and post them and let you know how it looks.

Colleen
Heart of Texas Kayaks
www.hotkayaks.net

maxh

Post by maxh » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:24 pm

In the next week or two the flows on all the rivers around here will be back to normal and the fishing will be great. It looks like the llano is just about perfect for floating right now and the colorado is slowly coming back to normal.
I can't wait!

Max

thebeaner227

Post by thebeaner227 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:34 pm

Haha...literally just got off the phone saying the exact same thing. Trying to cram in a whole weekend of fishing/kayaking next weekend...the Llano and then maybe running back to the Blanco or wade fishing a few other creeks. Maybe we'll see you out there!

Ron Mc

Post by Ron Mc » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:26 pm

what I saw on the Llano last week was turbid water with very low visibility.

I fished the James, Little Devil's and Big Salty Creek - they were clear and great! - of course, not enough water to float.
Ron Mc

mrovira

Post by mrovira » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:39 am

Colleen, where do you put in and take for a Blanco day trip? I live off Hwy 306 West of new Braunfels, and would love to float the Blanco. Access and parking seem to be a problem, though.

Thanks,
Mike