Oktoberfisch

Non-Trout pursuits

Moderators: LabRat, dlcole

lockjaw_tx

Oktoberfisch

Post by lockjaw_tx » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:33 am

This years Oktoberfisch will be held Oct.20,21,&22nd , on the LLano River , soth of Mason , Texas http://www.fredericksburgflyfishers.org , should get you to the right page.
My wife and I attended last year and had a ball.
there is a new RV park across the river ( Llano River R.V.) that is clean and well kept. Hope to see you all out there . Don

Ron Mc

Post by Ron Mc » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:30 am

cool thing - this year it doesn't overlap with the GRTU October meeting, which is on the 28th.
Our by-laws stipulate the 4th Saturday of the month.
Ron Mc

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:47 am

I spoke to them last year and asked that they do their best to schedule it on a date when our folks could attend.

Of course, that's Parent's Weekend at my freshman's university.

Oh, well.
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

lockjaw_tx

Oktoberfisch

Post by lockjaw_tx » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:26 am

We will be in the truck camper at LLano River Rv, usually at spot number 3 . We go up there 2-3 times a year to fish the LLano/james Rivers.
Hope to see everyone up there , come by for a beer. THE BAR WILL BE OPEN . LOL Don

mopar340

Post by mopar340 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:18 pm

as judged by the pictures, this looks like a float trip. Si or no?
Heck, if nothing else, it'd be a heckova fun outing if you didn't even fish. We sold our big boat and bought a new Harley Sportster, may just scoot up and see. Look for us,Don.
"if it's good to ya, it HAS to be good for ya"

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:19 pm

Lockjaw, I am sorry to say I will have to delay my trip to the Llano by a week. I'll sneak down there on the 28th to see if y'all left any fish that aren't shaking in their scales ;-)
Gonna stay at Raye Carrington's place. I am so overdue for a little hill country!

Look out Coopers, here we come!
Mark Dillow

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:40 pm

Shoot.....October 22 is the Rolling Stones Concert in Austin.....Maybe I can make the first few days! I haven't fished up there in a long time, but it was fun the times I did wet a line! Jimbo

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:31 am

Don't worry Jimbo, you will probably still be able to hear the music all the way to Mason...;-)
Mark Dillow

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:26 pm

So how was Octoberfisch? I am headed to the Llano this Friday...just couldn't make it last weekend.
Mark Dillow

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:49 pm

Yeap, I've been busy and missed a weekend of fishing on the Llano, but let me tell you, the Stones concert was fabulous. They filmed it for a DVD release and everyone will get to see the elaborate stage and sound system they had. The stage was said to be "9 Stories Tall" and I don't doubt it. They had 5 screens set up around the stage and the one in the center was about 60'X60'. The fireworks, flamethrowers, screens and changing lighting including a curtain of lights that draped over the entire stage was..... well....."Incredible" and easily lived up to the tour's name "A Bigger Bang"! The Stones played for over 2 hours and that was after Ian from the old "Faces" band and Los Lonely Boys both played for about an hour and a half. It was great! Jimbo

mickmcco
Site Admin

Post by mickmcco » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:52 pm

The report immediately above this post was provided at no charge to GRTU by Jimbo Roberts, our chapter's oldest teenager. Rock on, Jimbo!
Mickfly
Fish Friendly - Life's too short not to enjoy every minute on the river.

BigCliff

Re: Oktoberfisch

Post by BigCliff » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:24 pm

My realtor's a teenager? dang

Any of this crowd heading up for it this year? Saw some chatter on TKF about folks already reserving campsites.
I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer, and I practice moderation in moderation.

erhd55

Post by erhd55 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:07 pm

BigCliff,

We'll be vacationing in NM the last week in September. If finances allow, we'll try to make it to Oktoberfisch.

My wife and I attended last year and we had a good time. We fished some and my wife took part in on some of casting lessons. Shuttles were provided, so if you had a kayak, you could shuttle up river and float back to the camp ground.

- erhd55 -

Jimbo Roberts

Post by Jimbo Roberts » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:12 am

I'm going to try and make it this year. I've been meaning to make this event for years and never made it down because the GRTU Meetings and well the Rolling Stones last year. This year everything looks like I can make it especially with the Guadalupe as low an hot as it is. Time to get the Kayak wet and do a little Bass fishing.
Jimbo

d ayer

Post by d ayer » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 pm

David